Sunday, June 26, 2011

The menu this week!

I have been bored with our recent paleo meals. Every week it seemed every meal tasted the same. It all tasted like soggy peppers and chicken to me even if what I was eating was neither of those items.

This week I am armed with new recipes and new tastes and some new summer flavors!

I will provide the link to the actual recipes below, but I found all of these by starting with Chowstalker! I have said it before, but I will say it again...they really do make it so easy. I just get onto their site and browse and click until I have a week's worth of clean food!

Our menu this week

Up this week for breakfast is this really great egg dish! I made this last week also, so this week I doubled the amount of onions and kale for extra veg. It is easy to make and cooks up well and all week we just take slices for breakfast at work.

Frittata-creation!

For lunch we have some old favorites but with a new twist!

Tuna salad!

I am going to eat the tuna dish with cabbage leaves and make "lettuce wraps" out of it all. I also added sliced almonds to the recipe since that is what I usually have in the tuna. Usually we used mayo and dill so this will be a nice new flavor for sure!

Eggplant-Caponata

I made this eggplant dish a lot last summer. I found eating it cold (after it was cooked as the recipe says!) was a great option also. I used the recipe above and then used ideas from this recipe, below, to add some new flavor to the dish. I added some basil both before I cooked it and after and then I have a bag of walnuts to toss on top when I actually eat it.

Tomato-walnut salad

Dinner will look like this:

Crispy Chicken

These might end up as dinner or a lunch item. They are cooking now, so whichever meal comes up first that we need something for in pinch we will have these ready! I hope they are good!

We usually eat a lot of salmon but haven't been recently and have been hitting the ground beef pretty hard (grass fed of course!). To get us back in the swing of things with seafood I found this recipe that looks good!

Ginger honey salmon

Last we have something I made a big batch of a few weeks ago and then we took it for breakfast all week. They are much better when you eat them right away and not once packaged up to be heated up again and eaten later. I doubled the spinach the last time I made it and will likely do that again! You can never have enough veg!

Egg-foo-young!

3 comments:

  1. This inspired me to get my act together and find some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you included my crispy chicken recipe on your menu this week. I hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you like the Frittata Creation! Double veggies sounds AWESOME! I was thinking of making this into egg cupcakes too for individual serviings.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete