Saturday, January 29, 2011

You gotta do what you gotta do….

It is 6pm and I just finished off a plate of veggies and a good size serving of protein. I am going out to dinner with friends at 7:15pm. Why did I just eat if I am going out to dinner you might ask. Being paleo for the last year I know it is always a challenge when it comes to eating out. While I have found a lot of great places here in Portland with great options it is never “perfect paleo” in terms of enough veggies and a “clean” enough source of protein. I am also currently doing another round of Whole 30 and it being day 29 I didn’t want there to be any slips or cheats or bites of someone’s french fries or of my husband’s chocolate mousse dessert (he always gets it when we go to this place!).

So I am will arrive at the restaurant having already eaten and ready to enjoy the real reason I am there, to hang out with friends. I will order something and eat, but I will not have to worry about it having that perfect balance of macro-nutrients or being wild or grass fed, grass finished. Don’t get me wrong I will still eat within the Whole 30/paleo guidelines but going in having already had a balanced meal makes it a lot easier to avoid temptations or concern that my meal didn’t have enough of something in it. And while I know I can order something reasonably good and gluten free this is not the last time I will eat. This is also not the last time I will go to this restaurant as we frequent it often. But this is the first time we will get to see some friends we haven’t seen since the holidays and I want to have a good time and not be stressed and worried about what I am eating or hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment