Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another week...another menu!


It is Sunday again and that means weekly prep! With the start of another round of Whole 30 approaching on August 1 I was determined this week to find new recipes, but also recipes that are Whole 30 clean as I get ready for another challenge.

Paleo Casserole
Ingredients as listed are Whole 30 clean! I am also going to make this today (Sunday) and we will take slices all week for breakfast.

Thai Eggplant
Used regular eggplant (but Chines eggplant as it calls for would be OK also!).
The sauce looks good but I have a hard time finding those items paleo/Whole 30 clean. I am just going to use Coconut Aminos, ginger, and sesame oil.

I might chop the items for this today to be ready on Monday night (or another night early in the week) to add it as the veg/side dish with the salmon below.

Summer Slaw
Ingredients as listed are Whole 30 clean! (just make sure your mustard is clean!).

I am going to make this today and then we will have it all week in case we need to add more veg to a meal or need a snack!

Apple Lime Chicken Stir Fry
I am not using the seasoning mix listed, I don't have it and don't know if it is clean. I will used either curry powder or a combination of clean chili powder, paprika, and cumin.

I am going to make this today and we will take it for lunch. Should get enough from this recipe for Brian and I to eat it twice if we pair it with the slaw!

Italian Meatballs
Leaving out the cheese on this one, but will probably add a tablespoon or 2 of almond flour.

I am going to make these today and then we can have them all week to add to a meal if still hungry, or have as a snack.

Pistachio Apricot Salmon
Ingredients as listed are Whole 30 clean!

Blueberry Basil Salsa
Ingredients as listed are Whole 30 clean!

I am just going to use the salsa part of this recipe as we already have a salmon dish above for another night. We are going to put this over some nice scallops though. Should be good! Really excited for this one!!! Also for extra veg (you can never get enough!) we will add to this meal some chopped cucumbers and green onion with a "dressing" of oil, vinegar and ginger! So crisp and refreshing, especially for the summer! (or what we like to think is summer here in Oregon!)

All the above recipes were found, as usual, by starting with Chowstalker. It took me, maybe 10 minutes to find them all and figure out how to tweak recipes as needed for my Paleo/Whole 30 goals.

I will never say that I love all the weekly prep, making menu's, or shopping list every week. But I do love eating clean and finding new flavors and recipes!

Here is to another week of eating clean....cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment