Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's time!!!!

The


Whole 30 Day 1 (week 1) is here!

This week's menu is nothing fancy or new (for us). My goal was to make some good clean food but not to have to think about it too much because the Crossfit Games are on this weekend and with the finals on Sunday I'd rather be watching that then spending a lot of time doing meal prep!

Breakfast

Breakfast will be an egg/sausage frittata type thing using the idea from a recipe I posted earlier. I am not going to add the sweet potato for this round and replaced the bacon with clean chicken sausage and will use an entire head of kale and double the onions. I will just watch the cooking time. It might be less without the dense sweet potato in there. One round of this in a 9x13 pan will get me through the week (sharing some with my husband!).

Lunch

Sloppy Joes. This recipe is by one of the fabulous owners at Crossfit Portland-Scotty Hagnas. The cocoa powder could be questionable for Whole 30, but at 2 TPS and it having no sugar I am going with it and calling it good! I also usually add an entire can of tomato puree and 1 can of tomato paste when I make this. I also usually cook up 2 lbs of meat for this (that is just the serving package sizes we usually have). I will put this over tons of spinach and sliced tomato for lunch!

Eggplant-Caponata

I also posted this one before. I will make it and then after it is cooked I will add fresh basil (from my garden!) and eat it cold at work for a snack. Just before I eat it, I will also add walnuts!

Chicken Artichoke Salad

I will make this as is, but will not use mayo. I don't make my own mayo and not sure even if I did if that would be Whole 30. I will use an oil and vinegar combination and eat it over a big salad of spinach and tomato and anything else we have around for salad makings!

Dinner

I suspect having just watched the games all weekend there will not be many rest days in our house this week. Dinner is just some good old classics that will not take too long to make after getting home from the gym at night!!!

Taco Salad

We just brown up some grass fed ground beef and add spices and place it on top of a ton of spinach, sliced peppers, onions and whatever else we have. Sometimes I add some clean salsa for the dressing and extra veg! Also sometimes I add some black olives and then use the olive juice for dressing! YUM!!!

Shrimp with "peanut" sauce

I can't get enough of this one! But be careful not to go crazy with nut butters and nuts epically when making the change to paleo or Whole 30. I will also make a cucumber salad with sliced cucumbers and green onion and oil and vinegar for the veg.


Salmon and spinach sauteed with onions and mushrooms

I will just take some wild salmon and cook it up with dill! I like to saute the veg together, maybe add some balsamic vinegar. Be sure to add the spinach at the end and take it off the heat just before the spinach is completely cooked and wilted.

Eggplant Chicken Sandwiches

I love this! I just use the recipe (since some of it isn't Whole 30 clean-the mayo) to prepare the eggplant for the sandwich top and bottom! I then usually cook up some chicken and add fresh onion and whatever spices I am in the mood for. Just add whatever "taste" you are looking for!

Other!

Some other items I added to the grocery list this week to help through the first week of Whole 30:
Sliced, raw, pecans. (remember, don't go NUTS with the nuts!)
Organic, unsweetened coconut flakes
Black Olives
Cantaloupe

Also, usually on Whole 30 I focus more on pre and post WOD meals. I will save some of my lunch to eat just before the workout and post workout I will go to hard boiled eggs and baby food as needed.

I will try and get more exciting next week (especially for the pre and post WOD meals) when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment